Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The beginning of a new way

In December 2011, I was put on a low-sodium lifestyle. My cardiologist, Dr. Calli, told me he wanted me to not consume no more than 2000 milligrams a day, that is about 700 per meal! So while you think that isn't hard; most Subway 6" sandwich is over 1000 milligrams! The first thing I recommend for people to chuck the salt shaker and any spice with salt in it. Oh, did I forget to tell you? 2000 milligrams of sodium = 1 teaspoon of salt! My purpose of this blog is to teach you what I have learned and as I learn on how to change your life to lengthen your life. Everyone is worried about FAT, so the only part of the labels they read is the fat content... Guess what? Hypertension or high blood pressure is influenced by sodium. High blood pressure is what damaged my heart, now my life is completely different and if I can help others from becoming like me I want to be there to help. I will be mentioning books, products, and lots of specifics to help us all live better. I will interject humor to make you laugh with and at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment